Laughter is the best medicine
First off, my apologies; I won’t be able to do the big piece I had planned for this week as I’ve been asked to give a speech at an Autism Conference at La Trobe University tomorrow, so I’ve had my hands full writing that.
As a result, this is a quick one about an anti-stress trick I neglected to mention in last week’s post: comedy.
The funny thing (hardy har har) about laughter is your body can’t tell the difference between real and fake laughter. If you pretend to laugh or long enough, you will actually start laughing for real. Try it, it works! Another trick is to try to look at the same person for five minutes without laughing or smiling. Trust me, you almost certainly won’t make it to the 5 minute mark. 😛
One of my hobbies is collecting Dad jokes, so I’ll leave you with some of my favourites. Enjoy. 😉
– Why was the scarecrow promoted? Because he was outstanding in his field.
When asked about it, the scarecrow said, “this job’s not for everyone, but hay, its in my jeans.”
– Did you hear about the guy who drowned in his muesli? A strong currant pulled him in.
– Last night, my brother and I watched three movies back to back. Luckily I was the one facing the TV.
– Birthdays are good for you. Studies show that the people who have the most live the longest.
– Sex in an elevator is awesome on so many levels.
– I tried a career as a gold prospector, but it didn’t pan out.
– Newspaper headline: Tornado rips through cemetery, hundreds dead.